1. The Rockmart Little League Baseball 7-8-year-old All-Star "A" and "B" teams will begin the best two-out-of-three championship series for the Georgia District 1 title tonight at Dean Field in Rockmart. The Rockmart "B" team will take on Cartersville's "B" team at 6 p.m. and Rockmart's "A" team will play Cartersville's "A" team at 8 p.m.
2. The Compassionate Friends of Polk County meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at Second Baptist Church, 152 Evergreen Lane, in Cedartown (across from Cherokee Elementary School).
The support group is for families to help with the grief and healing process after the loss of a child. It commemorates and honors children, siblings and grandchildren of all ages who have died from any cause.
The organization is non-sectarian. For more information, contact Beth or David Warner at 770-748-5234.
3. The Cedartown City Commission will meet today at 7 p.m. in the council room of City hall.
4. Joint meetings of the House and Senate Legislative and Congressional Reapportionment Committees will take place throughout the state with a series of public hearings. Each hearing is from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
Hearing 8 - Monday, June 13 – Macon
Mercer University School of Medicine Auditorium, 1550 College Street, Macon, GA 31207
5. Julia Trawick Knight is holding a sculpture showing at the Cedartown Welcome Center until July 6 2011.
If you have an event you would like added to the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter email@example.com or call 770-748-1520.