1. The Cedartown Senior Citizen Nutrition Center located next to Burt Wood Park has activities Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Seniors 55 and older may participate in activites. Seniors 60 and older may participate in activities as well as nutritional meals and trips.
2. Keep Polk Beautiful and the Coosa River Basin Initiative will hold a rain barrel workshop on Thursday, May 17 at 5:30 p.m. at the Cedartown High School gym. The workshop will teach participants how to install a rain barrel at their homes. Registration is $20 for the workshop or $35 for the workshop and a rain barrel. Only 25 spots are available. To register for the event email Amos Tuck firstname.lastname@example.org call 706-232-2724.
3. Heartland Hospice offers “A Time of Healing” a bereavement group that gives participants the opportunity to learn about the natural grieving process, share experiences and learn in a group setting how to manage and cope wit grief. The group meets the third Thursday of every month from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Covenant Cathedral Cedar Lake Christian Center, 1890 Rome Hwy, Cedartown. For more information, contact the office at 770-748-5750.
4. The Cedartown Parks and Recreation Authority offers line dancing lessions from 6-8 p.m. every Thursday in the Christion Center located at 605 Lanton Dr.
5. The American Cancer Society in Polk County needs volunteers. If you have a few hours a week or a month please call Sandy Matheson at 423-421-4092 or email email@example.com . For more information about the American Cancer Society visit www.cancer.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.
If you have an event you would like posted on the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-748-1520.